Timing of the first visit is very important. Before coming for the first visit, please call us at +606 2823833 to give us details about your fertility problems. To assist you, we have prepared a questionnaire. Please go through this questionnaire and answer as much as you can. If possible, email the completed questionnaire to us. This will give us a full understanding of your problem even before your visit to our clinic.
The best time to arrange for a first visit is on the 10th day of your menses. This means that if today is the first day of your menses, today is counted as Day 1. Please call us and we will schedule your visit.
During your first visit, the doctor will take a detailed history. This will include any investigations and treatments that had been done before. Please bring along all investigations and reports of any treatment that has been performed before. This will assist us in deciding on the correct treatment for you.
The doctor will then perform a full physical examination. This will include an internal pelvic examination. A pap smear may be performed if requested. An internal examination may reveal:
- An enlarged uterus, which may be caused by fibroids or adenomyosis.
- Cysts in the Ovaries
- Nodules at the back of the uterus, which may indicate endometriosis.
- Pain during the internal examination, which may indicate the presence of endometriosis.
Day 10 of the menses is the ideal time to perform several investigations. This will include:
- Transvaginal Ultrasound – to look at your uterus and ovaries
- Hysterosalpingography (HSG) – to see whether your tubes are blocked
- Office hysteroscopy – to look into the cavity of your uterus.
- Semen Analysis – You should abstain from having sex for 3 days before coming for this first visit.
After these tests the doctor will decide as to what will be the appropriate treatment for you.